- Area : 1040 Sq. km. / 3005 Sq. km.
- Population : 2418447 (1991 census) / 41,37,489 (2001)
- Altitude : 126 meters above sea level.
- Season : November-February
- Clothing (Summer) : Cottons; (Winter) : Woolens
- Industry: Leather goods, Defence goods.
- Language : Hindi & English
- Local Transport : Buses, Taxis, Tempos, Auto-Rickshaws.
- STD Code : 0512
|Kanpur is connected by road with all the major cities of the country. It is situated on National Highway No. 2 on the Delhi-Agra-Allahabad-Calcutta route and on National Highway No. 25 on the Lucknow-Jhansi-Shivpuri route.||The civilian air terminal Chakeri (Ahirwan) at Kanpur has become operational since January 1996 and is serviced by U.P. Air, Archana Airways and private airlines. Chakeri Airport is 13 km from the city centre. Apart from this the nearest airport is Amausi, Lucknow, 65 km.|